Tuesday, February 05, 2008

MOVING ON...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
...........................DESTINY



I often believe that most things happen because they are bound to happen.

Whether we like it or not, everything and every friend (even enemy) that we have is destined to set off changes in our lives.

Our life has taken off even from the time when we traveled in a race inside our mother’s womb. Hehe.. The genes that we have now are destined to be brought about, through the union of the chosen pair of x and y cells.

Everything happens for a reason. We don’t have to ask because we just need to deal with every complicated circumstance that we are in. I can say that we have no power to change our destiny, but we have the capacity to take a better path towards that destiny.

We are always in a race with destiny. Noone is a loser. Whether we come first or last, what’s important is that, we reached the finish line. No frustrations though.


* When I was in grade school, I get annoyed everytime my classmates vote me for the secretary or sgt.@arms position. I am irritated because I always wanted to be the president. At a certain point from then, I stopped aiming for that coveted position. When I stepped on 6th grade, I was finally elected as the class president. Destiny is destiny. Even if I have stopped believing.

* I always dream of addressing the valediction while looking at the faces of my proud parents. I worked hard to gather all commendations and medals. I joined all contests, such as quizzes, essay writing, press conferences, and would you believe, even the slogan making contest and poster making contests too? I was also a varsity player (I know you won’t believe it because of the 5 flat me). With all these glory in my academics and extra curricular though, I was far from the top. I graduated with special mention award, at the 13th slot. My lucky number. So.. goodbye valediction.

* In college, I pursued my career in publication. I took the qualifying exam when I was a freshman. I ranked second and took a position in our college paper. 4 years later, I became the editor in chief and did my best to be the most effective one. Charus! However, in spite of all my efforts, the college dean used his power to take away the awards from me because of his cruel and biased intentions. Apparently and unfortunately, my last destination as a student was down at the bottom. No medals. No recognitions. And obviously, no special speech.

* I was frustrated for I didn’t ever have the chance to give it all back to my parents. I wanted to break down way back then but my sanity kept me from gripping off. I believed then that something great will come along. However, something more frustrating happened. My mom passed away. It was her destiny to leave at 46. It was like I had a wasted life then. The loads went heavier. All the hurt razing through me just made my whole entity numb.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS.. AND I HAVE MOVED ON..

DESTINY can be one of the sweetest dreams but on the other hand, can be one of the worst nightmares.

Either a dream or a nightmare it is, I will always dare to sleep to make a unique encounter with destiny. I am willing to consider the limits and boundaries but I will always be open with my ability to break them. I am living for a reason. And I am eager to know what I am living for. I am not afraid of destiny, because the race will never be over until I reach the finish line.

No comments: