Friday, March 07, 2008

God bought this mysterious book for me



I remember this book. It was such an amazing mistake that I bought it. I was actually looking for Rick Warren's "purpose driven life" while striding along the narrow corridors of the mall when I have seen this Doug Fields' material. Instantly, I thought it was the newest special edition as I have read it as “purpose driven life for youth”. Unfortunately I have run out of budget so I decided to just buy it when I come back.

The second time I dropped by in that bookstore, I checked if that book was still available. Luckily, there were still three copies. However, I was not able to buy one because something came up. And I had to leave it again then wait for more days before I finally grab my personal copy of it. That time, I still have read the title of the book as “purpose driven life for youth”.

The third time I have checked the book, no one has stopped me to buy it. Finally, I got my copy! When I came home, I was astonished as I handled it. “Was this the book I have bought?,” I asked myself. Because it reads as “purpose driven youth ministry”.

“What will I do with this book?”, I asked again. Duh! I have just wasted money for it. I thought. Because it was a book of no purpose for me way back then. However, I had no choice but to browse through it. Nothing to lose to do so perhaps, though i was cursing my blinded eyes for that mistake. What happened with my eyes??

Gradually, the book touches me. Most words hit me. “It is so me!”, i screamed and laughed in soliloquy. From the early chapters of the book, the traditional leader that the author has been referring to was so me. Eventually, I told myself, that book is purposely made for people like me.

Here is a more surprising event that came up. A week after I bought that book, I was invited by our former music ministry head for a one on one talk. He offered me something. I was astounded. I remember the book. The purpose. The coincidence. I told myself, God worked in my life again…

Now, I am entering the threshold of a higher level of leadership, while serving God. I am currently serving in our church as the head of the music ministry . Weeee.. God is so good.

No comments: