Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our Battle Ground

I want to share a funny, yet inspiring story… I bet it will take some moment for you to realize how important the message of this story is…

About 6 years ago, my little brother was just 5 years old. He was handling a cone of ice cream one day and suddenly, he fell off the ground. Amazingly, he had the ice cream held up as he was stretching his arms against the ground. I can imagine his funny pose and I regret I’ve failed to file that for documentation haha.

What does this simple and funny story insinuate?

Last night during our BS in Guinobatan, this story just popped out in my mind, then I decided to share it with my brothers and sisters. I said, in life, we have a lot of choices. Many times we fall, but make sure that when we fall, we have saved something for ourselves. Like my brother who chose to save the ice cream instead of keeping his knees from bruises.

The same story applies with our option in serving our ultimate Master – God. Our greatest choice for the ultimate salvation.

We are living in an earthly life right? And we are living in a godly world, ruled by the so called “god of this world”- satan. Everyday, our faith is being tested by the earthly treasures that satan is giving (which God is allowing). Many times, we receive his treasures and forget that we have a Master who’s weeping because we entertain temptations. In such instances that we entertain satan in our lives, we apparently are not serving God.

This world is like a battle ground that we need to bravely cross. And as I always say, satan is our worst enemy. He uses money, fame, and all worldly things to keep us from getting closer with our true God. But we have healthy minds and most especially brave heart that will help us yield to the right decision. Now, how will you use such earthly things from satan to glorify God? How will you convert money and fame to wisdom? Which are you saving: your earthly life or eternal soul?

No comments: