Thursday, June 05, 2008

the voyage....

Let me recall our last week’s journey in malolos, pasay, and rizal…hmmmm

I miss everything that we did on that weeklong voyage..haay..

We arrived in Pasay at 5am and we’ve gone straight to Mount of Zion, a 12-year old church, where kuya Paul used to serve. On that first day of our journey, I already felt the blessings from God, which drove me into an excitement.. an excitement that has given me the enthusiasm to look forward to the next activities.

Before lunch, we temporarily said goodbye to pastor doods and deo (from Mount of Zion). We left for Malolos at about 11:30. We strut along the streets and overpass of EDSA and finally got a bus going to Malolos after an hour.

At about 2:30, we reached malolos. Finally, we had our lunch! Sarap! Our brethren in JDC Malolos made 2 violet maja blancas for us. I can’t resist the sweetness of those. Wheew.. God is so good tlga. He brought such warm people to soothe our exhausted flesh.

Malolos……….

Malolos is such a cool place like bicol. I remember that long day when we did the church visit in Sabitan and Calero. The site was great. The vast fish ponds leaped our eyes up to the horizons left and right. Truly cool.

Apparently, since we were surrounded by fish ponds, we ate tilapia, shrimp, and other fishes all day. Muntik na kami tubuan ng kaliskis weh. Nonetheless, it was such an experience. I enjoyed it a lot. Glory to God for the respite.

Tuesday morning, we prepared early for the Prayer mountain in Rizal. We left Malolos at 9am. Wheew. It was hard to say goodbye. But I believe, we’ll be back there soon!

At about 12:30, we were already at the foot of the prayer mountain. We hiked for about 45 minutes and it was fun. When we reached the site, our exhaustion was relieved. It was another cool place, about the same with our Mayon Rest house in Bicol.

We took a few minutes of orientation about the policies in the place then later, we had lunch. In the afternoon, the rain poured hardly. It was like a storm. We’ve gone straight to the quarters/ Bethel hall to resume our activities.

Pastor doods, kuya Daniel, and kuya grayco (all from Mt. of Zion) were the speakers. They were very enthusiastic to share God’s word. Glory to God. I was blessed by their preachings; nonetheless, I was somehow saddened by the exaggeration of some things. Ikaw ba naman e masabak sa sangkatutak na laying of hands at panunulak? Hehe.. Anyway, God is good. It was such an experience. I learned a lot. I mean A LOT!

All of us preached. Glory to God. I was the last one who stood behind the pulpit. I want to thank God for the Holy spirit. I’ve not made any outline at all. I was not really prepared. Ideas flowed. God is great indeed…

What a journey.. bitin na bitin. Wheew.. If that was a delicacy, bundat na ako maray. Sobrang namaximize ung time and God allowed us to accomplish ample tasks in just few days.

Thank God for the higher level of faith that He has given me…. Glory to God!

No comments: